Monday, July 11, 2011

Different/Constant

We were called to be different.
To act different.
To be the difference.
But it is only after you decide to embrace your difference that you will shine a different light unto those around you.

How do you come to be different?
By reading God's Word. It will never fail to transform you...to make you different.
That's what I've doing a lot lately. Sumerging myself in the Word of God. Allowing it to reach parts of my heart that to me, were unreachable; allowing it to teach me things that I thought were incomprehensible; allowing it to change me, to mold me to be more like Jesus.

=============================

Saturday night, I had the chance to talk to Viv Afanador for a couple of minutes.
Here in YWAM, you have many people around you that encourage you to seek the Lord more just by the way they act. But there isn't really ever enough time to sit down and share your heart with someone; to sit and just talk.
So the night that Viv called, I got the chance to share my heart with someone.
Man, how I needed it.
Things that I shared varied: serious things, funny stories, things that I've been having to face.
Despite the difference between these stories, one thing remained constant: Jesus.

I love the truth that I see when I look around me and see how everything is changing, how even I'm changing, but God remains the same today as He was yesterday and as He always will be.

Lord, continue to mold me; to transform me to be more like your Son.
May I see you as the true constant in the midst of a constantly changing world.
May we always remember that you are our portion.
May we always hope in your unceasing love.
Amen


1 comment:

  1. Ah, I was so encouraged to talk to you :)

    Can't wait to see you sooooooon!

    ReplyDelete