Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Cloudy night last night because of the insane storm that took place yesterday afternoon...as I took a 10 minute nap.
And all it took was a single prayer for the clouds to move a reveal a single star.
A single star, up above the world so high...like a diamond in the sky.

And right there and then...I know God was with me.
I knew that He was burning bright in my heart, as the star was burning bright in the sky.

This morning Monica and I mopped and swept that base floors.
And I started to think about my parents.
(yes...cleaning makes me think of my parents)
And I started thinking about how blessed I am. They are the two people who are biologically programmed to love me...and yet, I know for a fact that their love goes beyond that. Their love is not based on that. If it were, they wouldn't be the ones that make me food every day or keep the house clean so I'm comfortable...

I love my parents...and I wouldn't change them for the world.

Along with God..they are the people that burn bright in the midst of my cloudy days to show me and remind me that I'm not alone.

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:105


No comments:

Post a Comment